Pages


Turn up your volume and listen to my tunes..wooooof!

I am dog. I believe in unconditional love. I do not settle for infatuation or puppy love. I believe in true love to the end. I am a life-long lover who will lie at your feet, on the bed, by your chair, at your side. I am dog. I insist on your love. I will stay on a grave of a lover until my end. I believe in commitment. When we have chosen each other, I will be there for you with plenty. Out of my heart flows life and love. You fill my life with abundance and I am fulfilled. Unconditional love is the highest gift. I am committed to love.

Taken from Dog Psalms by Herbert Brokering





Make your own Countdown Clocks

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We will miss you Scooter...

Kirby's mom here-
Yesterday Kirby and I lost a wonderful friend. My sister's dog Scooter died. Scooter has been in Kirby's blog before, maybe you remember seeing her picture:

Scooter was a rescue from St. Louis Senior Dog Rescue. Scooter's owner had died and she ended up in the shelter. She was adopted and then returned to the shelter and then St. Louis Senior dog rescue took her. My sister adopted her when she had moved from Michigan to St. Louis for a job and decided she needed a friend. Scooter was 7 years old when my sister adopted her, way past the puppy stage, yet not too old to go for a run! When my sister moved back up to Michigan and Scooter became a part of all of our lives. Scooter's favorite thing to do was to hunt for rabbits...anyone with a beagle will understand that! Scooter was a wonderful friend to my sister and then to my nephew who later joined the family. Scooter was the first dog Kirby met, that he liked! Scooter was also kindred spirits with Max (see post below), as they were only about a year apart. Those two loved lounging around together, sometimes even in the same bed!

We miss you very much Scooter, but know that you are now no longer in pain and running around with Max, chasing bunnies.

Forever in our hearts....

Kirby's mom

9 comments:

  1. Scooter actually reminds me of my childhood dog Benji. I think it is great that so many people saw something in her, and that your sister wanted to adopt a Sr. Dog. It sounds like Scooter was very well-loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that your sister took Scooter in and gave her a loving home. So sorry for everyone's loss. Paws are crossed for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Scooter. What a beauty she was. I bet she was one helluva great dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishin Scooter lots of play time with all the other great pets who've crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

    Luv to you and your family Kirby.

    The Roo Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of Scooter but I'm sure she was a happy girl because she was loved so much.
    RIP Scooter!!! I hope you've met Laura and Hana and are playing with them now. They are good girls and you all will be good friends in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for all your support

    --Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about Scooter. It sounds like she was loved by many. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry for the loss of Scooter, healing prayers for your family!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe shucks, we're very sorry to hear about Scooter. We're so glad to hear, though, that he found a forever home with your sister:-)

    ReplyDelete