Pages


Turn up your volume and listen to my tunes..wooooof!

I am dog. I believe in unconditional love. I do not settle for infatuation or puppy love. I believe in true love to the end. I am a life-long lover who will lie at your feet, on the bed, by your chair, at your side. I am dog. I insist on your love. I will stay on a grave of a lover until my end. I believe in commitment. When we have chosen each other, I will be there for you with plenty. Out of my heart flows life and love. You fill my life with abundance and I am fulfilled. Unconditional love is the highest gift. I am committed to love.

Taken from Dog Psalms by Herbert Brokering





Make your own Countdown Clocks

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My week in review

Kirby here!
Well my week wasn't too bad. My obedience class Thursday was a bit more exciting my mom said because I got a little vocal myself. I tended to growl a little bit at the other dogs. The trainer (Mary) in the class is a very nice lady and told my mom to keep bringing me back (YEAH!). Then, I got to be a Demo Dog! Mary thought it would be good for me to be handled by another person so she asked my mom if it was okay. So Mary had me sit, down and stay THEN she put me in a down stay and put a froot loop in front of me and told me to wait! OF course I knew this one already, so Mary was really impressed and smiled at my mom! You see my mom and me work on this one really hard. She will put me in down in the kitchen and tell me to wait and drop cheerios on the floor, and I wait! Yeah I was pretty proud of myself, so was mom.
Mom did an adopt a thon Saturday. It was at a Dog A Rama in Zeeland and she really wanted to take me because they have all these dog contests, but mom said my doggy aggression issues need to be a little better so maybe next year! Anyways, she said it was a lot of fun and they brought 4 dogs from the shelter:This is Millie, she was with my mom most of the day. She is a Jack Russell Rat Terrier Mix, mom said she was a sweetie and loved to be held and sit on your lap.This is Freddy. He is a Beagle. He is only about 7 months old and has been at the shelter since May or so. Mom said he is a fun little guy.This is Peter (Petey). He is a pit mix and mom said he was also a very nice dog. This was his first time at an adopt a thon. He really liked sitting on the chairs!This is Carla Ann. She is a ten year old mixed mutt. All my mom would say is that she was a SWEET HEART and loved everybody.

Mom said it was a lot of fun but was so excited to come home because she was given a new toy for me to play with. A volunteer at the shelter made these cool toys to sell at Adopt A Thons and since all the volunteers there had dogs, they said my mom could take one home for me! Oh what fun it is:

So an update on the no pee-mail. Well, I guess I'm doing okay, the treats do help, but now I have decided to just stop and pee on the road or sidewalk. Mom's not sure about this...hello! When you gotta go you gotta go! Oh well, she will talk to the trainer Thursday. I also got to see Ollie and Scooter this week and that was lots of fun! This week is cool, my mom's sister and the kids are coming for a few days! I can't wait! Hope they are ready for me!

Woof!
Kirby

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...such cute dogs, esp Petey! We are looking forward to spending some time with you too Kirby boy...hope you are ready for the Terrific Trio..get ready for lots of hugs and kisses!
    Love, US!

    ReplyDelete