Pages


Turn up your volume and listen to my tunes..wooooof!

I am dog. I believe in unconditional love. I do not settle for infatuation or puppy love. I believe in true love to the end. I am a life-long lover who will lie at your feet, on the bed, by your chair, at your side. I am dog. I insist on your love. I will stay on a grave of a lover until my end. I believe in commitment. When we have chosen each other, I will be there for you with plenty. Out of my heart flows life and love. You fill my life with abundance and I am fulfilled. Unconditional love is the highest gift. I am committed to love.

Taken from Dog Psalms by Herbert Brokering





Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, July 5, 2010

My Fourth Of July Weekend!

Well this past weekend was my first Fourth of July with my new mom! It actually was kind of uneventful, it was very hot!

I did get to go to the pet store with my mom! She said I was such a good boy (well of course!) I must have really been good because look at the toy she got me:

I also got to go to Scooter's house! What a cool house she has inside too! She has all these toys laying around although that she is not allowed to play with them. This is because, as I found out, they are not hers, they are her little person's toys! My mom said that puzzle pieces and pooh bears are really not toys for dogs...well I beg to differ but I will listen to my mom!

My mom volunteered at an adopt-a-thon this weekend too! She told me she was going to go and help my dog shelter friends find good homes. She said they had four dogs there today, an American Staffordshire Terrier (Pit Bull) named Flora, a pitt bull lab mix named Phoenix, a golden lab golden retriever mix named Sam and a little beagle puppy named Freddy! It looks like Flora just may have found herself a good home! Woof!! Do you want to know what my mom does at adopt-a-thons...she just loves the dogs. She sits there and pets them, walks them, helps them learn some basic obedience and brags to people about how wonderful these dogs are! She said while she was there she helped Sam learn to "heel" and "down." We shelter dogs are so smart!!!

My mom also thought it would be fun to get a picture of me with all my toys! Now, I have to admit, I am the most spoiled dog when it comes to toys. However, it's angel Max that I have to thank for them. Mom said that angel Max was on a special diet for his bladder stones, so he very rarely got any treats for birthdays or holidays. So he got toys! Boy did he ever check this stash out:

My mom did get me a new tennis ball and the frisbee thing, but otherwise these were all Max's toys! Some of the toys mom had to put up because I pull their fur off and try to eat it. Most of my beds were also Max's. I have a bed in every room (including the hallway!) can you believe that! Angel Max said I was really going to like it here...he was right! Also (as angel Max has warned me), mom saved all his sweaters! Max said, when it starts to get cold she is going to bring them out so just get ready to roll with it! He said they will at least make you look handsome and will keep you warm. Okay, Max, I will suck it up and wear them!

I also got to go back to the cool park last night. It was so hot here and where we live we don't have much shade to walk in, but the park sure does! I was so excited to go there again and check up on my pee-mail!

Well, today I am also meeting a lot of new people! My mom's sister and three kids and and aunt and a grandpa are visiting today! I will post about this new adventure later! Apparently the kids have a lot of energy and I need to get my rest!


Woof!
-Kirby

1 comment:

  1. Cute-I am so loving this blog! Love ya sis!-Lori

    ReplyDelete