Pages


Turn up your volume and listen to my tunes..wooooof!

I am dog. I believe in unconditional love. I do not settle for infatuation or puppy love. I believe in true love to the end. I am a life-long lover who will lie at your feet, on the bed, by your chair, at your side. I am dog. I insist on your love. I will stay on a grave of a lover until my end. I believe in commitment. When we have chosen each other, I will be there for you with plenty. Out of my heart flows life and love. You fill my life with abundance and I am fulfilled. Unconditional love is the highest gift. I am committed to love.

Taken from Dog Psalms by Herbert Brokering





Make your own Countdown Clocks

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My week in review

Kirby here-

Well, not sure what has been up with my mom, not letting me blog, but I will forgive her because look at my new toy:
Yes, it is my very own Chilly Bone. It is a really neat toy...you get it wet and then put it in a bag and stick it in the freezer, in less than an hour you have a very cool chew toy! Me and my mom have fun with it too:Really, I don't chew it for very long. I really prefer the puzzle pieces at Scooter's house, but mom keeps telling me that wood really isn't good for my tummy...and that Scooter's little person would be very unhappy with me.


It was so hot here this week and it rained and stormed some, so we got rained on on some of our walks...my mom (thank goodness) was very neglectful and forgot to take pictures of me! One picture of me out there after a rainstorm is enough! WOOF!

Mom helped at an adopt a thon yesterday. She said she hooked up with a very tiny little Chihauha. His name was Sonny as he was blonde and white. It looks like he is probably going to get adopted because he found a very nice lady and then proceeded to fall asleep in her lap as she rubbed his ears...yeah, we shelter dogs know how to work the system! Mom said they also had a 10 year old Jack Russell named Jess, very cute and Freddy the little beagle pup who still hasn't been adopted. There was also a big shepherd hound mix named Melvin who my mom said was a lot of fun. She found out that three of the dogs from the last adopt a thon were adopted! YEAH! One of them was Phoenix, a pit lab mix who had been at the shelter for almost a year!

An update on my training...still doing pretty good with the basics but mom has added a new one today...drop it! It's pretty cool actually. You see I have a toy in my mouth and usually she tries to tug it out saying all these things like leave it, drop it ..blah blah... and of course I'm not going to do that! But then she puts her hand in her pocket and pulls out a treat, well of course I'm going to drop it...what dog wouldn't! Mom said I'm doing pretty awesome with it! We have to work also on my "mouthiness...I kind of like to go after hands" so more new words have been added "leave it." I have been doing okay with that. I am also having issues barking at other dogs when we are out walking. Mom calls them issues, I don't look at them as issues, more like, I just have stuff to say, like "back off dude this is my mom!" Anyways, I heard it involves treats and so far this weekend she puts these treats in her pocket before we go on a walk...but I haven't gotten any yet because I haven't run across any "issues!" Apparently though, we are going to walk at the park tonight so my chances of issues and treats are pretty good!

Well here is another picture of me being handsome!

Woof!
-Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment