Pages


Turn up your volume and listen to my tunes..wooooof!

I am dog. I believe in unconditional love. I do not settle for infatuation or puppy love. I believe in true love to the end. I am a life-long lover who will lie at your feet, on the bed, by your chair, at your side. I am dog. I insist on your love. I will stay on a grave of a lover until my end. I believe in commitment. When we have chosen each other, I will be there for you with plenty. Out of my heart flows life and love. You fill my life with abundance and I am fulfilled. Unconditional love is the highest gift. I am committed to love.

Taken from Dog Psalms by Herbert Brokering





Make your own Countdown Clocks

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Is agility in my future....?

Kirby here-

Obedience class on Thursday went great, yeah I still barked and growled at the other dog, but boy did I like doing the agility course! Now I understand why my mom was so excited about this, it is actually quite fun. Jumping through tires going up on platform, jumping over a stick! I hesitated at the chute and the very tiny tunnel, but mom bribed me with treats so eventually I caved. I totally concentrate on what I'm supposed to do and I really liked it! We also learned how to go "down" fast, my mom was amazed that I did this so well! Mary talked to us about the advance obedience class. Apparently in this class we will learn how to fine tune what I already know, do more agility and get introduced into something called rally obedience which I have heard my mom mention before and gets excited about. So guess what? Mom signed us up! Yep after my beginner class ends I have 7 more weeks of advance obedience class! Mary and her assistant said it will help with my barking and growling issues too. They are really nice about that, they keep telling my mom to work with me and I will eventually get over it. Also, with the advance obedience class I have the chance to earn my Canine Good Citizenship! So, the work continues. I heard my mom say recently that "we" are a work in progress...me and her. I like that! She is apparently learning as much as I am!

Today, as part of my doggy barking and growling issues, mom took me to Petco. Harbor Humane was there for an adopt a thon and so was my mom's friend who works at Harbor. So we went there to see her and get some more yummy treats and a reflective leash. We practiced my sits and waits when other dogs were around. I did okay.

Oh and this morning I also went to the groomers...yeah I'm still handsome...actually even more so! But all this busyness has got me wiped out and Scooter and her mom and little person are coming over for dinner tonight (mom is cooking something in the crock pot....doggy torture!) and then we will be going over to my grandpa and grandma's to visit with them and Ollie! Whew...I need to get some rest!

zzzzzzzz......

-Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment