Pages


Turn up your volume and listen to my tunes..wooooof!

I am dog. I believe in unconditional love. I do not settle for infatuation or puppy love. I believe in true love to the end. I am a life-long lover who will lie at your feet, on the bed, by your chair, at your side. I am dog. I insist on your love. I will stay on a grave of a lover until my end. I believe in commitment. When we have chosen each other, I will be there for you with plenty. Out of my heart flows life and love. You fill my life with abundance and I am fulfilled. Unconditional love is the highest gift. I am committed to love.

Taken from Dog Psalms by Herbert Brokering





Make your own Countdown Clocks

Saturday, September 18, 2010

What happened this week...

Kirby here!

Well what a week! First let's get the bad stuff over with. My anxiety returned again this week. I decided that it was time to start chewing at the door frames and barking my tail off again. I know, I haven't done it for like 3 months now but hey, I turned into a worry wart this week and I don't know why. When we were at obedience Thursday, mom asked Mary about it. She said her dog did the same thing once. She said to take a handful of cheerios and toss them across the floor and then leave. Cheerios! Woo hoo! Boy do I enjoy trying to find them throughout the kitchen! What a great idea! By the time I'm done with that and then work on my treat ball I feel okay and it's back to the window to watch the world go by!

Okay, now the good stuff! I visited with Ollie this week and we got along very well. (That's Ollie in the pic above.) Someday mom said I will be able to run after tennis balls with him! I can't wait! In obedience class Thursday we worked on socialization, apparently it means I go and meet the other dogs. Mary told my mom that if I started to bark and growl to call me to her and pull the leash. My mom did this twice and the third time I went out there with the big dogs totally confident. Mary said all I needed to know is that it's okay and I always have a safe place to return to (LOVE YA MOM!). However after that we did doggy races and I raced against a labradoodle who proceeded to follow me instead of going to her mom. She pawed me and I turned around growling and grabbed my mom's hand (SORRY MOM!). Mom was okay. Even with that incident Mary and my mom said I have come a long way! I have even played with the neighbor dogs, who a week ago or so I just barked and growled at. Yeah, I feel the confidence building!

Next week I have two obedience classes! On Tuesday we begin Advanced classes and on Thursday we have our last beginner class. It will be a fun class too because we are going to do tricks and stuff and if we know any we can show off! I think I"m going to do my rollover although I think mom is going to try to teach me another one this week...we will see! Wish me luck in advance obedience!

Woof!

Kirby

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Hopping in from the Blog hop! Hope we can be friends!

    Lu-Lu & Lucius

    http://purrsonalthoughtsbylu-lu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirby,
    We found you on the blog hop too. So nice to meet new friends!

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirby, thanks for dropping by. You've a very interesting blog and we enjoy reading it very much : )

    ReplyDelete