Pages


Turn up your volume and listen to my tunes..wooooof!

I am dog. I believe in unconditional love. I do not settle for infatuation or puppy love. I believe in true love to the end. I am a life-long lover who will lie at your feet, on the bed, by your chair, at your side. I am dog. I insist on your love. I will stay on a grave of a lover until my end. I believe in commitment. When we have chosen each other, I will be there for you with plenty. Out of my heart flows life and love. You fill my life with abundance and I am fulfilled. Unconditional love is the highest gift. I am committed to love.

Taken from Dog Psalms by Herbert Brokering





Make your own Countdown Clocks

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Goodbye Crate!

Kirby's Mom here-

Well, today Kirby finally showed me what he thought of his crate. You see, I have had problems with him getting used to the crate and part of me thinks that the crate was used as a punishment in his previous home. Why would I think this....take a look at the crate...he really wanted out:



Yes, he bent and actually removed the METAL wires off of the crate. He also was able to push the tray out from inside of the crate...I have no idea how he accomplished this since the bottom is completely enclosed with wire and to release the latch you need fingers! The gray bed was twisted under the wires on the bottom of the crate. He managed to pull in a pillow (the one he wrecked previously back into the crate (see lower right hand corner of picture) and ripped it open and stuffing had fallen out. The little brown thing in the middle of the crate is a stuffed lion that somehow he also managed to pull in part way. The good thing is, for the most part he was not hurt. It looks like he may have scratched his gums a bit, and I think his paws bled a little because I found drops of blood on the carpet and his paws look a tad irritated. He was a little stressed also, and is totally chilling out right now. He seems okay tonight and has ate, walked and done all his doggie business so hopefully there has been no permanent mental damamge done. So starting tomorrow, Kirby has free reign of the house!

I am a little worried, although last Thursday the only bad thing he did was scratch up my wood frames around the door. The good thing is, that he loves to lay on my bed, even when I'm in a different room. I think he thinks of this as a "safe place." I hope he goes there tomorrow. Although, getting out of the door will be fun in the morning! And by the end of the week I may have no wood trim left around my doors! Wish us luck!

-Kirby's Mom

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! He is so lucky he didn't seriously hurt himself! We wish you both luck tommorrow! Hopefully he will just sleep on your bed most of the day. :)
    Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! He is so lucky he didn't seriously hurt himself! We wish you both luck tommorrow! Hopefully he will just sleep on your bed most of the day. :)
    Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete